Protecting against fake media on social platforms
MediaVax is a machine learning solution which rapidly and accurately analyzes the credibility of social media content.
Social media fraud has escalated into a societal pandemic, due to cheap and easy access to Bots -automated fake accounts. Research shows that coordinated actions by Botnets are highly effective at amplifying the spread of synthetic text and media.
Governments and businesses worldwide face substantial threats from fraudulent content, often created using artificial intelligence: Deep Fake videos and “read-fakes” are difficult to identify. Until now, defense against disinformation has proven elusive, due to the massive size and diversity of data sets.
(WSJ Pro CyberSecurity Exec Forum, Dec 2019)
MediaVax is the first digital vaccine against social media disinformation
HOW WE IDENTIFY BOTNETS
We use complex advanced machine learning techniques developed to solve some of science’s most difficult problems: detecting types of HIV viruses, and predicting virus spread.
MediaVax uses proprietary, breakthrough network science methods, developed over years of research at the Max Planck Institute of Informatics.
Our solutions have been featured in dozens of peer reviewed publications, and recognized in leading scientific journals.
The spread of malicious content on social platforms is defined by measurable features of the social networks themselves. Because it’s measurable, it’s predictable.
Algorithms now exist which make it possible to predict how botnets will spread fake content through social media. Developed within the framework of the study of pandemics, new understanding of network behavior has had a revolutionary impact on models for the spread of disease. Researchers can now predict with a high degree of accuracy not only the diffusion of the disease, but can suggest ways to inhibit its spread.
MediaVax applies these breakthroughs to quickly and accurately identify fraudulent media spread on social media by botnets.
We build Software as a Service (SaaS) products that quickly and accurately identify bot activity promoting synthetic content on social media.
By deploying advanced algorithms which scale with the complex, dynamic social media environments, our products can determine whether posted content is a product of coordinated, malicious bots.
WHO WE SERVE
- Senior role in 2 telecom start-ups with $1b exists (Yurie Systems -telecom equipment; and SplitRock Services-national telecom network)
- Partner, investment firm with $500mm portfolio in telecom network technology
- Seasoned leader with operational experience
- Founded residential real estate development company
- Background in Soviet studies, expertise in methods of state-sponsored disinformation
Our team of data scientists are highly trained from top academic institutions in the U.S. and Europe, combining extensive research experience with commercial product development skill sets. The team incorporates a diversity of machine learning expertise:
Analytics and Cognition
Computational and Applied Analytics
Advance Statistical Methods
Computer Science and Autonomous Systems
Brand SM Marketing
- Industry leader in Brand Marketing and Social Media strategy
- Former Chief Strategy Officer, Sysomos
- Serial entrepreneur with exits
Glenn Lawyer, PhD
- Senior researcher, Max Planck Institute of Informatics (former)
- Created predictive modeling in epidemiology (CDC use)
- Patented breakthrough modeling in network science
- Veteran journalist, technology entrepreneur, start up advisor
- Partner at StoryCraft
- Former Product Manager, Yahoo News, NerdWallet